After a long, LONG day at work covering two vacationing managers (funny how we non-managers get that role eh?), the Big Boss being in the office in person from Dallas and holding scads of meetings, a walk of the dog and then a flick of the button to turn on my laptop, and voila! – I discover I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Sistasertraline over at Phoenix Fights . Of course, I don’t have to send in $25.00 to claim my prize, but I do have to answer some questions and tell 11 random facts about myself Honestly, I am quite touched. Thank you again Sista!
I will be considering the people that I want to nominate, and posting that in a later post, probably during the weekend.
So, Eleven Random FACTS about me:
1. I can wiggle my ears, and have taught my oldest grandson to do the same. Hey, you can’t be serious all of the time 😀
2. I have rescued three people in life threatening situations (drowning, beating, elderly with head injury from a fall) Two of those rescued are deceased now, not sure of the third person, as it was decades ago.
3. I have taken direct hits from two tornadoes, on two different residences, in two different states. One of them was nowhere near Tornado Alley.
4. I was widowed before I was fifty years old, when my husband was only forty. Marrying younger does not provide you that nifty safety net after all.
5. I was dumped unceremoniously without explanation on my first real attempt to have a relationship in the four plus years since my husband died. It hurt. I lived.
6. I am double-jointed in my fingers on both hands. This is a useful annoying thing to use on your children when they are little – it freaks them the hell out (especially when combined with ear-wiggling).
5. I am an INFJ personality type, hyped as the ‘rarest of all’. I think that’s a bunch of hogwash personally (the rarity thing).
6. I am Phi Theta Kappa.
7. I love the smell of freshly mowed hay, fresh cut wood, wood smoke and leather. They make me go ‘woo-woo’ inside mah brain and other unmentionable parts.
8. I was offered jobs as a telephone sex operator and a voice-over recording artist. I declined both of them.
9. I have an eclectic musical taste that covers so many genres that Pandora gets conflicted about what song to offer next and often just dies. And I pay for the damn service.
10. My vocabulary often confuses predictive texting and I get giggle fits by what it thinks I might want to say. Often it is more interesting than what I am actually trying to say.
11. I hosted an exchange student from Japan. It was one of the most enjoyable things our family has ever done.
The next part of this award is answering 11 Questions.
1. What is the first thing you do as soon as you wake up in the morning?
Check my cell phone to see if anything interesting has happened personally or professionally (I am on-call four nights a week). Plus, you never know who is going to do something fantastic like nominate you for an award, or say that they’d like to get to know you better.
2. What is your greatest fear?
(I really had to think about this one)
That my heart may get broken and I cannot recover. Ever.
3. Do you have a new years resolution for 2014?
Resolutions? Eh, kind of, more like a list – found here:
4. What is your favorite song at the moment?
“What You’re Thinking” by Passenger (the UK minstrel, not the hard rock band)
5. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Camping by a stream out in California, between two mountains, and walking barefoot in that stream.
6. Facebook or Twitter?
Ugh. Don’t really use either. I do get TWC Twitter feed due to sending engineers all over the planet and needing to know weather conditions.
7. What did the last text message you received say?
It was an Internet photo that said “When people talk about my driving…but did you die?” from my youngest daughter to my oldest daughter in teasing.
8. What bugs you the most?
The lack of proper spelling and grammar in the business world – particularly the use of “then” instead of “than”, and the improper use of ‘myself’. Usually by people paid far more than I am.
9. What do you consider to be the most important appliance in your house?
The coffee maker, even though I drink decaf more than half of the time.
10. If you could have one song that would play whenever you entered a room, what would it be?
“Who I Am” by O-Shen – “I Am Who I Am”
11. What’s your favorite movie quote?
Monty Python mostly, who can have just one? “It’s only a flesh wound.” (The Black Knight in “The Holy Grail”)
“You’re all different. I’m not.” (Brian in “Life of Brian”)
“It’s only after we’ve lost everything, that we’re free to do anything.” (Tyler Durden in “Fight Club”)
I’m not sure if I get the nifty Sunshine gif or if I have to steal it from Sista! I’m going with Stealing?!
And no post would be complete without some introspection or words of wisdom from someone other than me…
Be happy. Try it for 30 seconds. You might like it!